• This topic has 11 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What wine you make?
    Do you drink wine?
    Have your family wine tradicion?

Today and tomorow I make http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%BCner_Veltliner

Do you make champagne?

Anonymous

We used to make Istrska Malvazija, a wine typical for my region which is highly peculiar because it's sour as **** and tastes like crap.
    We don't make it anymore, because we don't have a suitable storage (the temperature must be appropriate if you want it to age properly).

[img width=300 height=300]http://www.krizevci.net/vinograd/slike/sorte/sorte06_malvazija_istarska_bijela.jpg” />

Personally, my favuorite wine is Montenegrin Vranac. I also like to drink "Gemišt", which is white wine + soda water.

Anonymous

I was given two bottles of wine recently by a person who appreciates quality wine. The wine is called Villa Maria made from Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc grapes varieties in New Zealand. These are fantastic wines that do not cost a leg and an arm.  Sauvignon Blanc (white wine) was crisp and refreshing, while red wine was medium body with earthy distinct aroma. I decided to read about the wine made in New Zealand discovering that Croats were the pioneers of winemaking in NZ. The two bottles I mentioned were made by a Croat winemaker whose name is Sir George Fistonich.  He is probably considering himself a newzealnder, nevertheless he has Croatian origins and his wines are great.

PS I would love to find out about  wines made in southern Slavic countries. I know many southern Slavs appreciate their wines. :)

Anonymous

we drink tokai wines mostly.

Anonymous

He is probably considering himself a newzealnder, nevertheless he has Croatian origins and his wines are great.

“I grew up in an environment with wine and always enjoyed the taste of it. Being Croatian making wine was in my blood,” says George.

http://www.villamaria.co.nz/about-us/our-people/sir-george-fistonich

He considered himself wholy Croatian for sure but obviously a NZander as well :).

PS I would love to find out about  wines made in southern Slavic countries. I know many southern Slavs appreciate their wines. :)

I am not the person to ask. I actually do not really like wine ( sacralige I know!). I know great wine comes from the Croatian coast as well as Herzegovina , like a red wine that's really bitter but some how pretty good.

Anonymous

We have a wineyard at home, so we logicaly make wine too.  ;D
    As this part of Styria is "vinorodni okoliš" – wine producing area, there are many wineyards all around.
    We have both red and white wine, different sorts mixed together. Red wine is a mix of "modra frankinja" and "žametna črnina" (I don't know English names…), and the white one is a put-together of many sorts. My dad calls it "fukošneca", which should be funny to Slovenes and I shall not translate this word…  :-[  ;D ;D ;D  We produce around 700 liters every year – it depends on the season, how good it went.

I'm not a great consumer of alcohol  ;) but I don't mind a glass of wine. Of course the wines have to be Styrian, like Konjičan, Ritoznojčan, and other white wines. Slovene Styria is known after a wine made of Šmarnica sort, the wine is called "Grabnvaler" = Trenchroller  ;D It's called that way because it contains metanol and makes you awfully drunk, enables you to stand and rolling around in ditch beside the road is a common simpthom.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Teran i like alot but others are good too. Altho Civček is very underrated outside of ex-Krajnska region and indeed some say it isn't wine at all i like it but i am Krajnc anyway. ;D

My dad drinks cviček like water ;D

Anonymous

Oyster Bay ,Sauvignon Blanc made in New Zealand. It's a good bottle wine "for everyday drinking".  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

I am not the person to ask. I actually do not really like wine ( sacralige I know!). I know great wine comes from the Croatian coast as well as Herzegovina , like a red wine that's really bitter but some how pretty good.

Wine with bit of bitter taste is quality wine.
    In mass production, people add sugar to keep gradation and make more vine with less grapes, but it also depends on type of grapes that are used.

Most popular sort here is red wine Plavac mali for dalmatia, and Žilavka, a white wine for Hercegovina

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Wine with bit of bitter taste is quality wine.
    In mass production, people add sugar to keep gradation and make more vine with less grapes, but it also depends on type of grapes that are used.

Most popular sort here is red wine Plavac mali for dalmatia, and Žilavka, a white wine for Hercegovina

you know that there are actual sweet wines without added sugar, right? :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    you know that there are actual sweet wines without added sugar, right? :D

Sweet and semi-sweet wines are popular in eastern Slavia. Many Georgian wines are semi-sweet. I prefer dry matured wines. :)

Anonymous

I should explore the wines from southern Slavic countries. I am buying wines produced in “new world” right now, because hey cost less than overhyped French, Italian and Spanish wines.

Anonymous

3 or 4 years ago me and two friends of mine came on idea to make a coctails of cheep wine and Guarana(cheep energy drink). we were short of money and that was the only way to get wasted in a bar.
    we drank 3 bottles, our friend who was a bartender sent us another one and we all ended up pretty much dead. I was vomiting all night long and had the worse hangover in my life the morning after.
    I never tasted more than a sip of wine on Christmas after that.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    3 or 4 years ago me and two friends of mine came on idea to make a coctails of cheep wine and Guarana(cheep energy drink). we were short of money and that was the only way to get wasted in a bar.
    we drank 3 bottles, our friend who was a bartender sent us another one and we all ended up pretty much dead. I was vomiting all night long and had the worse hangover in my life the morning after.
    I never tasted more than a sip of wine on Christmas after that.

We drink Vodka to get pissed quickly. Vodka has fewer chemicals in it, so no bad hangovers in the morning.

We finished our semester exams looking forward to get drunk once. Three of us bought a bottle of Absolut flavoured with blackcurrant.  Our friend was driving, while we were sitting at the back seat drinking the bottle. Straight!…We overestimated our abilities, so when we arrived to the nightclub two of us were so pissed that security guards didn’t let us in.  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I should explore the wines from southern Slavic countries.

Sviatogor,you should really come to Croatia if you are interested in wine.Little is known that Croatia is a wine lion,we make various wines in all regions of the country,and most of those are very good,if not excellent.
    As far as I know,Macedonia has alot of great wines aswell.

P.S.-Croats not only pioneered the wine making in NZ (alongside with olive oil),but I have also read somewhere that most of the sorts of wine on america's western seabord are descended from a Croatian sort "plavac mali" from one of our islands.To my shame,I forgot which island it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Jan Pat II
  • haver25
  • кошка
  • Tujev
  • Piachu
  • Glockamole