• This topic has 28 voices and 182 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 183 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    [img width=700 height=525]http://www.happyholidays2014.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wallpaper-fifa-2014-world-cup-brazil.jpg” />

2 weeks to start world cup,Football is not the same as when I was a kid,but.. its football and world cup.
    Who is you favourite? Are you exited like child?
    I am,and i support Croatia and Bosnia,from biggest teams its Italia..

Anonymous

Somehow hanging in my head is Uruguay. History sometimes repeats (Rio 1950.), and they have a great team, playing together for years, almost like a club. They're obviously South America's top team at the moment and very competitive by genes. Brazil's host, still they don't seem very convincing to me (maybe they confute me). Argentina? Many disappointments in the past 20 years.

Europeans: never underestimate Italy – if they pass the group stage, they magically turn into unbeatable beast as tournament goes on; superpower. And they always beat Germany! Here's the catch: Germans haven't won WC for 24 years, haven't won anything for 18 years (last EC in England 1996.), for them it's way too long; still don't believe and don't want to believe they would do it, it would be a sad day for me if they do. England? Ha-ha. Holland and France – you never know with them. Spain? God no, it would be way too much for them and their tica-taca video game. Possible "black bull": Belgium. Remember: Europeans have never won WC in South America!

Ex-Yu? Don't know, we're out so I didn't think much. Perhaps one of them could pass the group stage (say Croats), hard but possible.

And hope we'll be here with predictions and comments. Let's go football fans, at last something nice to come!

Anonymous

Anybody who read any of my posts, knows on whose side I am. If everything goes by predictions, remember the day and place: June 30 in Porto Alegre, Round of 16, Winner G – Runner up H. That would be the new Stalingrad Battle! Already prepare the props: St. George's Lent and the bottle of lemon-vodka, icy cold. Though I hate that drink ;D, but you must sacrifice something for the cause!

Anonymous

You can make your predictions for all matches on world cup,from group stages to winner..
    and maybe win 10 000e..  ;D

http://www.bettingexpert.com/world-cup/predictor

this is my predictions… Winner after penalty :D

Anonymous

Thanks for the link Highlander lol I had to say that alternate name for Montenegro LOL :D

Anonymous

Come on people, can't belive there's so little interest in Football World Cup!? So many anti-football characters, what's hapening with those new generations >:(?

I'll try to break the ice. Let's talk of some great moments from the past. The only two big titles Slavic national teams won were two European cups – USSR in 1960. (finals were held in France) and ČSSR in 1976. (final four in Ex-Yu, Belgrade and Zagreb). That second one, I was near 12 and along with my grandad we travelled by night-train to attend two maches in Belgrade: semi-finals Yugoslavia – Germany 2:4 after extra-time (1st half result was 2:0 for us, Jesus how pissed we were); then final match ČSSR – Germany 2:2, ČSSR won by penalties. Czech player Panenka scored the decisive goal with the eternal penalty-kick remembered and shown often even today on TV – that way to score from penalty-kick is simply named "panenka". Remember the delirium at the stadium, interesting – we all shouted: "Če-si, Če-si!" – only years after I found out that only 3 players from that team were indeed Czechs (Panenka, goalkeeper Viktor and think Mastny), all the others were Slovak ;D. Never mind, that's realy a great memory.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    2 weeks to start world cup,Football is not the same as when I was a kid,but.. its football and world cup.
    Who is you favourite? Are you exited like child?
    I am,and i support Croatia and Bosnia,from biggest teams its Italia..

I wonder if the matches will even start due to protests in Brazil.

Anonymous

I think,people on this forum are interested only for political themes… Russia vs Ukraina,who is right flag,right languages,95 % themes on forum is about politic…

Quote:
    Come on people, can't belive there's so little interest in Football World Cup!? So many anti-football characters, what's hapening with those new generations >:(?

I'll try to break the ice. Let's talk of some great moments from the past. The only two big titles Slavic national teams won were two European cups – USSR in 1960. (finals were held in France) and ČSSR in 1976. (final four in Ex-Yu, Belgrade and Zagreb). That second one, I was near 12 and along with my grandad we travelled by night-train to attend two maches in Belgrade: semi-finals Yugoslavia – Germany 2:4 after extra-time (1st half result was 2:0 for us, Jesus how pissed we were); then final match ČSSR – Germany 2:2, ČSSR won by penalties. Czech player Panenka scored the decisive goal with the eternal penalty-kick remembered and shown often even today on TV – that way to score from penalty-kick is simply named "panenka". Remember the delirium at the stadium, interesting – we all shouted: "Če-si, Če-si!" – only years after I found out that only 3 players from that team were indeed Czechs (Panenka, goalkeeper Viktor and think Mastny), all the others were Slovak ;D. Never mind, that's realy a great memory.

Great story!!! I am 20,and first WC who i clearly remember is Japan&Korea 2002 and for us,kids,Ronaldo was the God.. We did not have the expensive kits, but we wrote the names of the players on the bare back, or at very cheap jerseys,and football was played between two goals of stones… I remeber we collected the stickers.Unfortunately,i dont see that in todays kids.. My favourite players was Inzaghi and Shevchenko especially,and Morientes and Roberto Carlos… Very better times,but i wait this WC with same passion!

Anonymous

I'm not really excited about it. I used to love football when I was a kid but nowadays is quite…meh, for me (I remember 98'WC when I was kid and it was so great :P). But I'll try to watch the matches of the teams I'm 'supporting' (Croatia and Russia).
    I'm more worried about the 'foreigners' who are coming to watch the games here. Worst decision ever.

Quote:
    I wonder if the matches will even start due to protests in Brazil.

Don't worry about that! The ones who protest burning and breaking things through the cities (Black Bloc) are paid by the President's party to do so. There is a lot of money in the "game" and thus there will surely be WC.  ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

Don't worry about that! The ones who protest burning and breaking things through the cities (Black Bloc) are paid by the President's party to do so. There is a lot of money in the "game" and thus there will surely be WC.  ;D

I don't think so.. who pay those guys are the opposition party, to use it in a way to decrease the president's party chances to win the elections in october… Anyway, someone is paying them, it is not a real "protest", only a political use of the world cup.

Anonymous

1.Bosna & Hrvatska
    2. Italija

Anonymous

I was a freak about sport before , but now mostly follow ski jumps. About WC two games stand out.
    Croatia vs Australia 2006, that was a game, Dario Srna chasing english referee accross field, Joe Šimunić got 3  yellow cards  ;D.
    Croatia vs France 1998, i had French neighbours, and when we scored, i went to balcony and
    scream, and they come out immediately and scream too. I thought they support Croatia ;D. When i returned to TV it was 1:1  :-X. Ugh , now I recall Croatia vs Turkey… 😮

Anonymous

The opening of the cup will be Brazil x Croatia, and I hope that Bosnia beat Argentina, and play with Brazil later. But today was  Brazil 1 x 0 Serbia in São Paulo, a friendly match at Morumbambi Stadium. Serbia had a legal goal invalidated, when brazilian defense failed at 2:35. Brazil will win the cup. But Spain can surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAnLCJRInyo

Anonymous

I hope Spain will not win.They are over my head. I think the final will be Germany-Argentina,but also i espect
    explosion of some Italian,English or French attacker like Insigne,Imobile,Sturidge or Pogba…
    I think that Belgium and Netherlands will disappoint.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The opening of the cup will be Brazil x Croatia, and I hope that Bosnia beat Argentina, and play with Brazil later. But today was  Brazil 1 x 0 Serbia in São Paulo, a friendly match at Morumbambi Stadium. Serbia had a legal goal invalidated, when brazilian defense failed at 2:35. Brazil will win the cup. But Spain can surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAnLCJRInyo

About Serbian goal at 2:35, first I was sure it was off-side, now I noticed nobody touched the ball and don't know what to say, the slow-motion in that video is incomplete. To be honest, have no idea why was second Brazilian goal by Hulk disallowed (not in video) – still, think we didn't deserve to lose last night at all; anyway we're the losers who didn't qualify…

As Brazilian, what do you think about my opinion Uruguay could win the World cup in Rio, again :-X (64 years later)? Does anybody in Brazil take that possibility seriously?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 183 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

14 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Vuk
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • pothead
  • CampmakerZA
  • dawidoxe1
  • MaRk0V