• This topic has 11 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Editor's Note: The Kyiv Post has been covering the anti-government, pro-democracy EuroMaidan protests from their very beginning on Nov. 21, when President Viktor Yanukovych rejected a political and trade association agreement with the European Union. The protests are in their 93rd day on Feb. 21. Nearly 100 people have been killed since the demonstrations started and thousands injured in clashes between protesters and police. Demonstrators are demanding Yanukovych's resignation and early presidential and parliamentary elections.

Interior Ministry appears to disavow Yanukovych

Feb. 22, 12:28 p.m. The Interior Ministry website posted the following message to all police officers in Ukraine: "Police serve the people of Ukraine and share the people's craving for changes. We bow our heads in memory of the dead." It calls on the public to work with police to keep order. — Olga Rudenko

Parliament members want to know where Yanukovych went

Feb. 22, 11:55 a.m. — Rostislav Pavlenko of Vitali Klitschko's opposition Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform party says that parliament has requested information from Ukra-aero-rukh, the nation's air traffic regulator, on the whereabouts of President Viktor Yanukovych and await response. Parliament is also preparing to vote for a constitutional act that would enact 2004 constitution now, regardless of presidential signature. after that they will proceed to appoint cabinet, particularly law enforcers. — Katya Gorchinskaya

Yanukovych loyalists flee party

Feb. 22, 11:44 a.m. Ukrainian Parliament Deputy Speaker Ruslan Koshulynsky has announced that more parliamentarians have withdrawn from the Party of Regions faction. In particular, Oleksandr Volkov, Yuriy Polyachenko, Vitaliy Hrushevsky, Volodymyr Dudka, Yaroslav Sukhy, Artem Scherban, and one more parliamentarian, whose name Koshulynsky pronounced unintelligibly, had left the Party of Regions faction. Koshulynsky later announced the names of four other deputies who left the Party of Regions faction, i.e. Viktor Zherebniuk, Ivan Myrny, Hennadiy Vasylyev, and Nver Mkhitarian. He later added Larysa Melnychuk and Serhiy Katsuba to this list. Hence, the Party of Regions has lost 41 deputies, including 28 on Friday and the other 14 on Saturday. The Party of Regions parliamentary faction earlier included 205 members. There are a total of 450 seats at the Ukrainian parliament. — Interfax-Ukraine

Parliament still seeks 300 members to take action out of 450-seat body

Feb. 22, 11:34 a.m. — The following is a summary of some of the comments from today's emergency session of Verkhovna Rada, in which members of parliament are considering President Viktor Yanukovych's impeachment.

1. Opposition leader Vitali Klitschko: early presidential elections, not later than May 25.

2. Opposition leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk: calling for deputies to come to parliament to have 300 votes for impeachment; calls for heads of fractions to gather for meetings.

3. Oleh Lyashko: The Verkhovna Rada has to pass impeachment law, as Yanukovych is not capable of fulfilling his presidential duties. This is the one single most important decision that the Verkhovna Rada has to make today. Lyashko registered the bill for early presidential elections for May 27. He proposed to change the composition of Central Election Commission to ensure an honest vote. He calls to ban Yanukovych's participation in the next election, as the person who led country to collapse.

4. Opposition leader Stephan Kubiv: We have political and moral default in the country today. Not to let economic collapse happen, we need to stabilize the government and make it working and functioning. 130 people lost lives. Calls for minute of silence to commemorate dead. I call for churches to calm the population down. God and Ukraine are main values."

5. Former Verkhovna Rada speaker Volodymyr Lytyvn: The Rada bears full responsibility today; we need to do everything not to let third parties to play their card in Ukraine in their interests. We need to decide on the question about the position of interior minister, Security Service of Ukraine, Ministry of Defense and the composition of government. Bill on constitutional order will have to be passed to ensure peace and stability in the country. 

Vyacheslav Kerilenko calls for deputies to come to parliament- it is safe to come- Rada is being guarded by state police + Maidan self Defense. Call for ministers and civil servants to return to their work places. All of those who think that you can save your stolen money throughseparatism, you are wrong. We are united. There is no separatism. Those spreading separatism moods will end up in jail.

Andriy Ilynko of Svoboda Party said: Mezhyhyria is open to visitors. It is great that Rada finally resembles Rada, however, the price we paid for that is too high. There are still a lot of people, who call themselves deputies who are not here and don’t want to make decisions, most likely out of fear. This is not the time to talk about political ambitions, future plans. The only question today is about saving the country. There is no separatism in the country. And if there are people, who’ll be trying to create the separatist moods outside, they will be punished.

Mehalchshyn, Svoboda Party: it is critical task not to let criminals to fly the country; we need to locate the heads of special forces, who opened the fire on peaceful civilians. If there at least one deputy general prosecutor, they should issue a arrest order. We need to make sure NOONE escapes from Ukrainian judgment. Calls for at least one deputy prosecutor to come to Rada.

Shvaika, Svoboda:  Kharkiv is being pushed to be a new Severodonetsk. We have only ONE task today: securing the unity. 247 policemen in Kharkiv announced their readiness to move on the side of people.

Averchenko, Udar. We made a huge mistake 3 years ago. We elected a person who even now doesn’t realize his responsibility for the country and us.  He is father of the nation. What father kills his own children? We call for immediate impeachment and trial.

Ginka, Udar. All the lost lives- huge loss for all of us. I am also responsible for this loss, as I was calling for people to come on Maidan.  I am againstany behind-the-scenes talks. From now and on everything will have to be discussed transparently, in front of people, those people died for that. — Kyiv Post

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv/euromaidan-rallies-in-ukraine-feb-21-live-updates-337287.html

Anonymous
    Quote:

Shvaika, Svoboda:  Kharkiv is being pushed to be a new Severodonetsk. We have only ONE task today: securing the unity. 247 policemen in Kharkiv announced their readiness to move on the side of people.

Yanukovich is in Kharkiv. The meeting of regional delegates of south-east, Crimea and Sevastopol in Kharkiv is the turning moment for Ukraine. They voted for autonomous republic of south-east in 2004 during Orange revolution.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yanukovich is in Kharkiv. The meeting of regional delegates of south-east, Crimea and Sevastopol in Kharkiv is the turning moment for Ukraine. They voted for autonomous republic of south-east in 2004 during Orange revolution.

What will happen now with Crimea? I mean, i doubt Russia will leave the infrastructure and military bases there (in case Ukraine joins EU).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What will happen now with Crimea? I mean, i doubt Russia will leave the infrastructure and military bases there (in case Ukraine joins EU).

Two countries negotiated a lease for the naval base.  Ukraine will not be joining the EU in the near future. The presence of the naval base in Crimea will cause problems if Ukraine joins NATO.  During negotiation of the lease Putin stated once with the kind of money wanted by Ukrainian government Russia could build another naval base.  Russians have enough money to build another base on the Black Sea.

Anonymous

Governor and mayor of Kharkiv, as well as Yanukovich left for Russia.

Anonymous

Exactly so all Pro-Russkies can go…..themselves.  Look at Kharkiv pissing it's pants now…

Anonymous

Yeah, Yanukovych in a tough spot. He signed agreement with opposition, made concession but in the end was tricked because opposition used its scheme to take the obligations it will never fulfill likely it can't control the radicals who destroying Ukraine at the moment. In the upshot authorities do something to stop the violence while opposition just pours oil on the flames. The west and opposition together forced Yanukovych to sign the agreement that in fact legitimates the coup in Ukraine. In case the agreement will be completely implemented Yanukovych will become an outcast because for the west and for the opposition this agreement is just a tosh and a way to get rid of legal power and in fine Yanukovych will become a man that couldn't protect country from the radical minority supported from the outside and responsible for the crisis.

Anonymous

Yanukovych has disappeared now.

Anonymous

Poof!

Anonymous

I am listening to Yanukovich press conference in Rostov-on-Don. He's considering himself a legitimate president of Ukraine and he will continue to fight over Ukraine.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am listening to Yanukovich press conference in Rostov-on-Don. He's considering himself a legitimate president of Ukraine and he will continue to fight over Ukraine.

Legitimate he is, but competent he is not. People voted for him for reason and he didn't deliver.
    With amount that he stole from the country and with his brutal crackdown, I don't see him ever being considered authority or having chance to gain influence over Western Ukraine.
    In his place, I would resign.

Anonymous

This moron is able to drown Ukraine in the blood just to protect his capital and golden toilet:

Anonymous
    Quote:
    This moron is able to drown Ukraine in the blood just to protect his capital and golden toilet:

Now I know why it is called "the throne".

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Now I know why it is called "the throne".

What are the leaders such are the thrones. ;D

But this picture has been on the Internet since at least 2013-01-25. So it's only another fake of another West cooked revolution.

http://www.tineye.com/search/fc2ebac8931a81ab53af46062c89f898aed0217e/?sort=crawl_date&order=asc

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What are the leaders such are the thrones. ;D

But this picture has been on the Internet since at least 2013-01-25. So it's only another fake of another West cooked revolution.

http://www.tineye.com/search/fc2ebac8931a81ab53af46062c89f898aed0217e/?sort=crawl_date&order=asc

So, all photos about golden palaces from Yanukovich' apartments and his ministers  – are just fakes, made by evil  West against innocent regime  of Yanukovich? :D
    I suppose, some single photos can be  incorrect, but  it doesn't change anything in general.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.