• This topic has 8 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Since my time here I have noticed a lot of Bulgarian anymosity against the former Yugoslavia and recently Serbia. Many Bulgarians were glad to see Yugoslavia fall into bloodshed. Can some one explain in detail? What is the issue? Is it a result of the Early 20th century Balkan wars? Was Yugoslavian possesion of Macedonia the main issue? How do we change it?

Constructive input and politeness is much appreciated.

Anonymous

My bet is on Macedonia issue and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Balkan_War

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Since my time here I have noticed a lot of Bulgarian anymosity against the former Yugoslavia and recently Serbia. Many Bulgarians were glad to see Yugoslavia fall into bloodshed. Can some one explain in detail? What is the issue? Is it a result of the Early 20th century Balkan wars? Was Yugoslavian possesion of Macedonia the main issue? How do we change it?

Well not really, Bulgarians I know are not glad this happend, and show support in our views of the conflict. A forum member known as Trayko posing as a Bulgarian is probably the reason why you believe that, however he is merely trolling the forum with his Serbophobic and Anti-Macedonian agenda, but is by far not a representative of the general Bulgarian opinion on Yugoslavs, or Serbs in that matter, as I experienced. However he is being tolerated because of his financial support to the site.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well not really, Bulgarians I know are not glad this happend, and show support in our views of the conflict. A forum member known as Trayko posing as a Bulgarian is probably the reason why you believe that, however he is merely trolling the forum with his Serbophobic and Anti-Macedonian agenda, but is by far not a representative of the general Bulgarian opinion on Yugoslavs, or Serbs in that matter, as I experienced. However he is being tolerated because of his financial support to the site.

Yes trayko is one, but he only reminded me of some personall experiences with a few middle aged Bulgarians. I had a Bulgarian boss and a Serb coworker from Niš, many of our Bulgarian customers could not stand the site of him and were unopinionated by me who was just a late teenager then. I have overheard many offensive remarks back and forth.

One might ask, how can the two South Slav nations be so bitter towards each other yet be so close religiously and culturaly?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Since my time here I have noticed a lot of Bulgarian anymosity against the former Yugoslavia and recently Serbia.

The animosity is against Serbia, and most Bulgarians viewed Yugoslavia as greater Serbia.

Many Bulgarians were glad to see Yugoslavia fall into bloodshed.

Not really, but many thought it was inevitable. In the case of Kosovo popular opinion was pro-serb.

Can some one explain in detail? What is the issue? Is it a result of the Early 20th century Balkan wars? Was Yugoslavian possesion of Macedonia the main issue? How do we change it?

The issue is Macedonia and the western borderlands. You can't change it, but we can still be civil on an internet forum.

Anonymous

"I don't believe in the Bulgarian-Serbian relations because they are fake and they are to the detriment of the Bulgarians in Serbia." Zdenka Todorova.

What might compell some one to speak such harsh words?

The most recent issue seems to be with a Bulgarian national here, Vasil Levski.

I realize this is a seldom talked about subject of which I have no experience with on sight, not being from Sebia. Maybe it shouldn't be talked about, to curtail further deterioation. On the other hand maybe it should be worked out before further escalation, of course I'm not talking about war, simply general distrust.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    "I don't believe in the Bulgarian-Serbian relations because they are fake and they are to the detriment of the Bulgarians in Serbia." Zdenka Todorova.

What might compell some one to speak such harsh words?

През последните 20 години политиката на официална София спрямо българите в Западните покрайнини бе конюнктурна. В зависимост от това каква е международната политика по отношение на режимите в Белград.

http://www.eurochicago.com/2011/08/zdenka-todorova-sofiya-podkrepya-sazdavaneto-na-veshopska-natsiyave-v-sarbiya/

See if you can read that. I think she doesn't trust bulgarian government anymore than she trusts the serb one to do something about it. Google translate does a hackjob of it.

The most recent issue seems to be with a Bulgarian national here, Vasil Levski.

Where?

I realize this is a seldom talked about subject of which I have no experience with on sight, not being from Sebia. Maybe it shouldn't be talked about, to curtail further deterioation. On the other hand maybe it should be worked out before further escalation, of course I'm not talking about war, simply general distrust.

Anonymous

Honestly, I don get this. What do you have from that irredentism? Claiming people who at Best have verry strong prjudices against you. People in Pirot, Vranje and Niš tend to be verry agressive when it comes to Bulgarians, exactly because suggetions about allegedly Bulgarian origins of them. All hostility towards Bulgarians is originated form those people. Rest of Serbs are either positive towards Bulgarians either completly unintersted.
    Eparchy of Niš was Bulgarian 7 years? So what Smakov, Velbužd and other cities were sees of Serbian metropolitans for 200 years and nobody of us do not even mention it.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Honestly, I don get this. What do you have from that irredentism? Claiming people who at Best have verry strong prjudices against you. People in Pirot, Vranje and Niš tend to be verry agressive when it comes to Bulgarians, exactly because suggetions about allegedly Bulgarian origins of them. All hostility towards Bulgarians is originated form those people. Rest of Serbs are either positive towards Bulgarians either completly unintersted.
    Eparchy of Niš was Bulgarian 7 years? So what Smakov, Velbužd and other cities were sees of Serbian metropolitans for 200 years and nobody of us do not even mention it.

I think you're answering a question nobody posed.

Anonymous

Anonymous
    Quote:

Speaking of which, just in case you know something about it, are any of her allegations true?

Anonymous

I don't know. I am from Bosnia, and Serbs here have msotly positive opinion on your people. ;) But, who knows. People in Niš and Pirot are verry agressive when it comes to confusing them for Bulgarians. I do not support their stance, I just state how they act.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't know. I am from Bosnia, and Serbs here have msotly positive opinion on your people. ;) But, who knows. People in Niš and Pirot are verry agressive when it comes to confusing them for Bulgarians. I do not support their stance, I just state how they act.

I don't think she's talking about the Serbs of Nish or Pirot.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't think she's talking about the Serbs of Nish or Pirot.

I dont think there are Bulgarians in Niš or Pirot, Zaječar is even bigger nonsence. Latest Bulgarian presence there was like 700 years ago.

– Бихте ли дали конкретни примери.

– Още на една от първите страници в историята на Нишка епархия пише: “Посветено на Нишките свещеномъченици – свещеници, монаси и епископи от Нишка епархия, убити от турците, българите и комунистите”. Няма нито една дума за борбата на българите от Нишко, Пиротско и Зайчарско през средата на по-миналия век, както и за инициативата на местното население, смятащо се за българско, да строи български църкви и манастири, историята на които е подменена веднага след Берлинския конгрес от 1878 г.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dont think there are Bulgarians in Niš or Pirot, Zaječar is even bigger nonsence. Latest Bulgarian presence there was like 700 years ago.

I don't know what exactly she's talking about, but AFAIK there were many bulgarian villages around Pirot. Cities were never bulgarian, rule of thumb. Not even in Bulgaria proper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • 'las
  • Nexius
  • Fia
  • kony97
  • Tujev