• This topic has 4 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So what do you think, should our websites front side (index page http://www.slavorum.com) be as it is till now like a blog about Slavic stuff or do you have any different idea to make it better, more interactive to serve another purpose, or something like that?

I will positive rep all good suggestions :D

Anonymous

Make it more simple. For example, present all categories graphically (forum, blogs, books, etc) in few columns so that people wouldn't have to scroll down on the home page (similar like different forum images). In this way, all content would be instantly visible (besides the list in teh navigation menu) and attractive for people to enter.

I hope my general idea is understandable, its too hot to concentrate more :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Make it more simple. For example, present all categories graphically (forum, blogs, books, etc) in few columns so that people wouldn't have to scroll down on the home page (similar like different forum images). In this way, all content would be instantly visible (besides the list in teh navigation menu) and attractive for people to enter.

I hope my general idea is understandable, its too hot to concentrate more :D

You mean some icons are placed besides categories as [icon][forum]  [icon][register] etc?

Anonymous

I was thinking of changing the home page to look like on the attachment. This is just an example. The images would have to be stylish but nevertheless, this shows what I meant.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The images would have to be stylish but nevertheless, this shows what I meant.

Or stylish-slavic ^^

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I was thinking of changing the home page to look like on the attachment. This is just an example. The images would have to be stylish but nevertheless, this shows what I meant.

Well we could implement something like that in some sort of a way. repped

Anonymous

Or stylish-slavic ^^

Slavic all the way. :D Like wolfs, Perun, spears, arrows, swords… :D :D

Well we could implement something like that in some sort of a way. repped

Thanks. ;) I just hope I could contribute positively to your initiative. ;)

Anonymous

Ok, I got some ideas, and since you're using WordPress you could easily find a plugin or a widget for it.

In the main menu, when you place mouse pointer over some category you have automatically shown drop-down list. Instead you can add plugin which opens open another menu just beneath your main menu upon click at the main menu category.
    Also art category might ordered just to be a gallery of pictures. This could be done easily with another pre-made template you can download for free

Anonymous

Would be a great idea if Slavorum would evolve into a Slavic web portal or something like that. If we could find dedicated volunteers that would write/publish news from their countries on front page or something so we would have a so to speak Eastern-European news portal + forum etc…

i would really like that to happen one day…a large Slavic community being together. Where you could login and could see anything that happens anywhere in Slavic countries both political and fun…and after reading and informing yourself you could go on the forum to enjoy and relax…also i really feel there is a need for something like that. Most national media can never give you a objective nor fair news on neighboring countries neither is there anything on such large scale that would work on unification of Eastern Europeans and in general to make peace with eachother. ah well one can dream

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.