• This topic has 6 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    [size=14pt]This is how your actions impact little by little the growing online Slavic community.[/size]
    [img width=484 height=700]http://www.slavorum.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/SLAVORUM_FLOW.png”/>

Anonymous

I haven't done much on achieving pan-Slavic community. It is only a fraction in comparison to what you have done in the past 2 years.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I haven't done much on achieving pan-Slavic community. It is only a fraction in comparison to what you have done in the past 2 years.

Granted I have only been here a short time, but in my view, Sviatogor, this is not true! Perun may provide the platform, the university, if you will, but you are truly one of the professors at the great Slavorum institute of learning. :)

I have learned more from your threads and posts than perhaps any other member. More importantly, your unique and compelling threads get cached in search engines. Searches bring in new members. For example, I found Slavorum looking for maps of Ukraine.

I realize I am not the type of member Slavorum is probably trying to attract, being the American diaspora. However, you have made me feel welcomed, for which I am very grateful. Plus, you ensure that I behave.  ;)  Moreover, I have shared many of your highly informative articles with my friends in the academic community here in Michigan, which always provokes great discussions.  :)

Your contributions to this forum are without compare, in my estimation.  :) I truly thank you.  :)

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    Granted I have only been here a short time, but in my view, Sviatogor, this is not true! Perun may provide the platform, the university, if you will, but you are truly one of the professors at the great Slavorum institute of learning. :)

I have learned more from your threads and posts than perhaps any other member. More importantly, your unique and compelling threads get cached in search engines. Searches bring in new members. For example, I found Slavorum looking for maps of Ukraine.

I realize I am not the type of member Slavorum is probably trying to attract, being the American diaspora. However, you have made me feel welcomed, for which I am very grateful. Plus, you ensure that I behave.  ;)  Moreover, I have shared many of your highly informative articles with my friends in the academic community here in Michigan, which always provokes great discussions.  :)

Your contributions to this forum are without compare, in my estimation.  :) I truly thank you.  :)

On our About Us page it clearly states:

Our mission:

1) To promote Slavic culture, history, traditions, mythology, lifestyle and tourist destinations to all people that are interested in our ways.

2) To give a online home (forum) to all Slavs that wish to communicate between each other, and of course all world-wide admirers of Slavic world.

On this forum we target certain subject concerning Slavic ethnicity:
    1) Discuss history, our roots and religion of our ethnicities that brought us to the point where we are today.
    2) Politics that affect our Slavic ethnicity, be it right or left on political compass. No extremism allowed.
    3) Discuss anthropologically everything that defines us as ethnicity such as our people, culture, habits, traditions, physical and mental traits.
    4) Discuss about everyday topics, everyday life concerns and chat with other members on this forum as a nice chance to make friendships and connect with people of similar thoughts all over the world.
    5) Having fun while doing a positive and very important things, that are connecting people together and making an important archive and writing online source about ourselves which means preserving ourselves and our identity for generations to come and for rest of world to see and learn.

So no reason why you wouldn't be a type of person Slavorum is aiming for. Slavorum is just aiming at all people that are interested in Eastern Europe and Slavic culture be it Slavs or non-Slavs that find it interesting. Achieving large pan-Slavic community is just one of the positive side-effects of Slavorum :) main purpose is to entertain and learn people, while in same time promote Eastern Slavic Europe in general. Kind of a making a Slavic website brand recognized by others :)

Quote:

Thanks, but you're already a member and are helping a lot just being the part of the community, giving your input on various things and volunteering to be a moderator ;)

Anonymous

The Slavic community is a global one, there is good in trying to connect us across the globe. 

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    The Slavic community is a global one, there is good in trying to connect us across the globe.

Indeed, and today we're making it happen :)

Btw Slavorum has to be worthy of its name:

Chronica Slavorum or Chronicle of the Slavs is a medieval chronicle which accounts the pre-Christian culture and religion of Polabian Slavs, written by Helmold, a Saxon priest and historian.

What would we know about ourselves if there wasn't few good historians of the Roman, Greek and Germanic wise men that wrote about us in their lives. What we are doing here is of both great importance, value and it's just pure fun.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Our mission:

1) To promote Slavic culture, history, traditions, mythology, lifestyle and tourist destinations to all people that are interested in our ways.

2) To give a online home (forum) to all Slavs that wish to communicate between each other, and of course all world-wide admirers of Slavic world.

1) Discuss history, our roots and religion of our ethnicities that brought us to the point where we are today.
    2) Politics that affect our Slavic ethnicity, be it right or left on political compass. No extremism allowed.
    3) Discuss anthropologically everything that defines us as ethnicity such as our people, culture, habits, traditions, physical and mental traits.
    4) Discuss about everyday topics, everyday life concerns and chat with other members on this forum as a nice chance to make friendships and connect with people of similar thoughts all over the world.
    5) Having fun while doing a positive and very important things, that are connecting people together and making an important archive and writing online source about ourselves which means preserving ourselves and our identity for generations to come and for rest of world to see and learn.

So no reason why you wouldn't be a type of person Slavorum is aiming for. Slavorum is just aiming at all people that are interested in Eastern Europe and Slavic culture be it Slavs or non-Slavs that find it interesting. Achieving large pan-Slavic community is just one of the positive side-effects of Slavorum :) main purpose is to entertain and learn people, while in same time promote Eastern Slavic Europe in general. Kind of a making a Slavic website brand recognized by others :)

Thank you, Perun, and for the reminder about the Mission Statement. :) I will, of course, continue my promotion and support of Slavorum, especially to the interested academic and genealogy groups with whom I have the most frequent contact these days.  I think Slavorum is on its way to becoming something very important.  :)

Quote:

Excellent point for me to remember! Thank you, rodv.  :)

Anonymous

I can be quite philosophical while at home with a fever.  Entire town has a bad case of the flu.  So bad that they don't have enough substitutes to cover all the sick teachers.  Wish I could just skype my class from home. 

Anonymous

I am very appreciative of the fact that you have chosen to do this forum in the English language. While I study Russian, I am far from fluent (mostly can understand phrases like "The boy drinks milk" ;D). It would be so easy to get discouraged if I had to translate everything here via Google.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am very appreciative of the fact that you have chosen to do this forum in the English language. While I study Russian, I am far from fluent (mostly can understand phrases like "The boy drinks milk" ;D). It would be so easy to get discouraged if I had to translate everything here via Google.

It would be easy to think we are all cetniks plotting to bring back communism via nazis while wearing hats made of pierogi and firing borscht at the enemy….

Google translate + Slavic languages = ultimate fail

Anonymous
    Quote:

Our mission:

Thanks, but you're already a member and are helping a lot just being the part of the community, giving your input on various things and volunteering to be a moderator ;)

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words. :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • Tujev
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • привет
  • slovborg
  • 'las