• This topic has 17 voices and 33 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Simililar theard like on Slovene or Slovakia.

What you opinion about our, do you support our vision of Czech federation? Do you want know more about ours?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Simililar theard like on Slovene or Slovakia.

What you opinion about our, do you support our vision of Czech federation? Do you want know more about ours?

My opinion is, that the moravian "national anthem" sounds like a folk song. Like this:

Ta jižní Morava je jistě krásná zem!

lol

Anonymous

I dont want to juge or anything, but aren't most Moravians Czechs in same time? I mean they decalere themselves to be Czechs.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dont want to juge or anything, but aren't most Moravians Czechs in same time? I mean they decalere themselves to be Czechs.

Yeah, We declared this, but this is like Illyrians (Croat+ Serbs). Czech = Bohemians + Moravians, but In Czech language we dont have termin for "Czechs". Češi = Bohemians, Moraváci = Moravians, Czechs = Češi.

Moravia land was independence from Bohemia. We have other culture, life style, etc..

I don't want separate Slavic unity, I'm for revival Czechoslovakia, but in first thought (Three lands: Bohemia, Moravia +Mor. Silesia + Slovakia)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yeah, We declared this, but this is like Illyrians

Illyrians were only Croats, they claimed Serbs and Croats to be same people, and Serbian intelectuals of XIX cenury mostly supported that. But all Illyrians were Croats, and literrary movement (with 2 Slovenes, one Greek and one Slovak among them) and working in Croatia. Not some supranational idnetity. Illyrian movement proposed Illyrian name for Serbs and Croats, but latter prevailed Yugoslav name. Tehre is no simmilarity between two cases. Anyway, Croats allways declared to bi first Croats, Serbs first to be Serbs.

Anonymous

I've been there twice and enjoyed my stay. They are nice people with good kapela music.  :)

I can't tell anything about the idea of a federation or something as I haven't seen any real demands for it among the people. I can't speak about language differences as I barely separate Czech and Slovakian (it's hard for a foreigner). I like them all, no matter if they're Czech, Moravian, Silesian, Polish, Slovakian, Lusatian, Rusyn or Unicorn…

Anonymous

I like Moravians, our closest bratia… ehm, and just like true brotherrrs and sisterrrs we have few arguing moments. But that is normal, generally we like each other though.

Of course, I don't support another Czecho-Slovakia, it would be counter-productive for our relations. How Moravians solve their status within the Czech republic, well… they should finally codificate Moravian language. Pointing that they can't pick one dialect, doesn't pass, because most of standard languages are based on dialects. Then they can publish documents which will be taken much seriously.

So, Moravians cannot accuse anyone else, it's only up to them.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Pointing that they can't pick one dialect, doesn't pass, because most of standard languages are based on dialects. Then they can publish documents which will be taken much seriously.

Pft, if Slovakia was able to pick a dialect and create a literal language, then Moravia will do it with no problems -.- What I'm more afraid about is that the citizens were mostly czechized and won't want to use some "Moravian language" for at least few generations.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Pft, if Slovakia was able to pick a dialect and create a literal language, then Moravia will do it with no problems -.- What I'm more afraid about is that the citizens were mostly czechized and won't want to use some "Moravian language" for at least few generations.

Even if they'd made a language of their own – what would they gain with authonomy? Brno and perhaps Olomouc would get some more money and that'd be mostly it, IMO …

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Even if they'd made a language of their own – what would they gain with authonomy? Brno and perhaps Olomouc would get some more money and that'd be mostly it, IMO …

So you are finally prepared to be absorbed by superior Carniolans after all! Am glad you found the light! ;D Anyways jokes aside whats wrong with autonomy its better concept than centralism imo. At least for nations with traditionally regionalist tendencies. :D Idea of federal Czech Rep. sounds cool to me but thats their deal. It would be really nice Moravia would have its own standard own federal land and all that…. :D Regionalism all the way!!!!

Quote:
    I like Moravians, our closest bratia… ehm, and just like true brotherrrs and sisterrrs we have few arguing moments. But that is normal, generally we like each other though.

Of course, I don't support another Czecho-Slovakia, it would be counter-productive for our relations. How Moravians solve their status within the Czech republic, well… they should finally codificate Moravian language. Pointing that they can't pick one dialect, doesn't pass, because most of standard languages are based on dialects. Then they can publish documents which will be taken much seriously.

So, Moravians cannot accuse anyone else, it's only up to them.

Quote:

Imo instead of just picking a certain dialect for standard they should do something in a manner of Slovenian model for standard language. :D Which means to create very neutral standard which absorbs and uses as many similarities from each dialects. So standard Slovene actually dosen't please any dialect at all but in a way its neutral enough i can understand it plainly as much as any hobo from outback except some really outback faraway behind the seventh mountain dialects (like Resian & Porabian). So ofc. it won't please all dialects but it will be closest to all of them. :)

But like you said these ppl are probably mostly Czechised now…. :(

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So you are finally prepared to be absorbed by superior Carniolans after all! Am glad you found the light! ;D Anyways jokes aside whats wrong with autonomy its better concept than centralism imo. At least for nations with traditionally regionalist tendencies. :D Idea of federal Czech Rep. sounds cool to me but thats their deal. It would be really nice Moravia would have its own standard own federal land and all that…. :D Regionalism all the way!!!!

Imo instead of just picking a certain dialect for standard they should do something in a manner of Slovenian model for standard language. :D Which means to create very neutral standard which absorbs and uses as many similarities from each dialects. So standard Slovene actually dosen't please any dialect at all but in a way its neutral enough i can understand it plainly as much as any hobo from outback except some really outback faraway behind the seventh mountain dialects (like Resian & Porabian). So ofc. it won't please all dialects but it will be closest to all of them. :)

But like you said these ppl are probably mostly Czechised now…. :(

Why do you always have to pick on us? ;D

Yup, Slovene standard language is equally unpleasent for everyone, especially for us Styrians. :)

Anonymous

I didn't realize that there were separate people called Moravians. There is a major river in Serbia called Morava.

The most famous Serbian dance is called Moravac (pronounced Moravats).

Kolo Morava

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I didn't realize that there were separate people called Moravians. There is a major river in Serbia called Morava.

People who like to think logically will quickly realise that when you have historical region you also have a tribe or nation. Yes, it is very complicated.

Anonymous

Are Moravians separate nation from Czechs, or is it just another regional identity that claims to be a nation (like Silesians, Montenegrins or Rusyns)? What about their language? Is it totally distinct from Czech and Slovak, or does it follow along same contnuoum (ala Serbo-Croatian dialects from NW Croatia to Serbia)?

I personally have no idea and voted so.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Are Moravians separate nation from Czechs, or is it just another regional identity that claims to be a nation (like Silesians, Montenegrins or Rusyns)? What about their language? Is it totally distinct from Czech and Slovak, or does it follow along same contnuoum (ala Serbo-Croatian dialects from NW Croatia to Serbia)?

I personally have no idea and voted so.

For better understanding to foreigners they're comparable to Silesians or Rusyns and they're language is somewhere between Czech and Slovak + specific particularities. They don't think they are Czechs, their identity is Moravian just like yours is Polish and mine is Slovak, but the Czechization made its job there. Moravians have a rich history including territorial one as it was a separate unity from Czechia (Čechy or Bohemia) through the history. In 1928 Moravia ceased to exist as a territorial unity and was merged with Czech Silesia into the Moravian-Silesian Land.

Slovakia recognizes Moravians as a separate nation in census – Moravians have a separate column in the census sheet just like Slovaks, Czechs, Hungarians, Germans, Rusyns etc have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • Glockamole
  • Piachu
  • some slavic guy...
  • Nefario
  • Tujev