• This topic has 37 voices and 62 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Similar thread on Slovenia has inspired me for creating this one. After some time being on Slavorum I've tried to give you informations about my country and nation and now I'd like to ask you guys what's your impressions regarding Slovaks and Slovakia. Positive, neutral, negative or maybe none? What are your thoughts, opinions, knowledge, stereotypes, maybe another questions… What do you like and dislike on this little-big country in the heart of Europe?  :)

Anonymous

Great nation wannabies.

Anonymous

Ľudovít Štúr, people who turned down our flag ;D, language which I understand, even tough I never learned it, Milan Rastislav Štefánik, people who make best kulen on the world.

Anonymous

Nice people, quite good food, our brothers and soimenjaki. Plus, they are everywhere! You maybedidn't know, but the first victim of our independence war was a Slovakian.

Anonymous

Really? Tell me more about it, please. What’s soimenjaki?

Ľudovít Štúr, people who turned down our flag , language which I understand, even tough I never learned it, Milan Rastislav Štefánik, people who make best kulen on the world.

Oh yeah, we did it in 1848/9!  Kulen – you’re talking about Vojvodinskí Slováci, right? 

Great nation wannabies.

Nice, keep on spreading “a good word”, my countryman…  ::)

Anonymous

@Svätoslava
    Should I even bother we used our flag before that year?  ;D  We turned Russian upside in XVIII century ;D

Anonymous

@Dalibor

No, you rather spare your precious time.  :D

Poll added.

Anonymous

@Svätoslava
    Eh, dont overrate my time :D
    Well, to be on topic. Slovaks are one of 5 EU members who support Serbia in Kosovo issue. Guys we love you.

Anonymous

@Svätoslava

Josef Šimčik was a Slovak living in Slovenia. He was killed on may 24. 1991 in Miklavž na Dravskem polju while he and some others were trying to stop a motorised JNA armoured vehichle. He fell under the wheles and was mortally injured. He is considered to be the first victim of the war in Slovenia (though the war didn't yet start then).

Soimenjaki are people who bare the same name. I call you so because of big similarities between our ethnonyms.

Anonymous

Well, I'd say Slovakia is the country I know the least. Reason for this is because they are never mentioned in news, I never visited the country and nor do I know some people who work in Slovakia.

I imagine Slovakia is like the most peaceful country in the Euroasia continent  :D

Anonymous

wannabe mountain dwellers  ;D

Anonymous

Good people, who I can understand without any elixir of translation. Many skiing places (at least until you introduced the %^*%*&$ euro and the prices went up). Funny signs (but not as funny as Czech's). Also in Slovakia I've drunk the best plum vodka ever (I don't remember its proper English or Slovak name). Quite good at ice hockey.

Anonymous

@Shaokang

I agree

Anonymous

@Dalibor

Wow, I didn’t know this. How come he lived in Slovenia? Was he born there? Or did he move from Slovakia? Could you please give me more informations about it? In English or Slovenian, doesn’t matter.

Anonymous

http://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Sim%C4%8Dik

That is all I was able to find. It's in Slovene though…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Glockamole
  • some slavic guy...
  • Nefario
  • kony97
  • Tujev
  • GOGA