• This topic has 6 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Dying to get word out?
    CDC offers survival advice in zombie preparedness campaign

Late spring in the United States means preparing for natural disasters like floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and now … a zombie apocalypse.

Should such a takeover occur, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention this week announced a few important ghoul-survival guidelines.

"Plan your evacuation route. When zombies are hungry, they won't stop until they get food (i.e., brains), which means you need to get out of town fast!" reads a blog post by Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan. "Plan where you would go and multiple routes you would take ahead of time so that the flesh eaters don't have a chance!"

If this seems like a hoax, it's not, CDC spokesman Dave Daigle said. The communications team fleshed out the zombie preparedness campaign after noticing a spike in Internet traffic when the monsters were mentioned during an online session about Japan and radiation.

Faced with the yearly task of getting the word out about emergency preparedness before hurricane season, which begins June 1, Daigle said his office decided to try something new. The "tongue-in-cheek" post stresses that its zombie survival advice, including stocking up on water, food and medications, will also work for real disasters.

"Public health and preparedness are not sexy," Daigle said. "But it turns out, zombies are."

At least if sexiness is measured in page views. The blog ordinarily receives up to 3,000 unique page views per post, but Wednesday it crashed after 30,000 people flooded the site, Daigle said.

In the coming weeks, the CDC plans on following up to see whether people who read the post increased their emergency preparedness.

"It is strange using zombies," Daigle said. "But in the end, if more people are prepared, I think that is fantastic."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-talk-zombie-apocalypse-0520-20110519,0,6619018.story

Anonymous

Hehe weird but effective  :).

Anonymous

If zombie apocalypse would occur, human kind would have minimal chance to survive. Maybe on few isolated islands, they can wait for zombies die from starvation (lack of brains ;)), if they can die anyway. Than Mila Jovovic will lead survivors to final victory…

Anonymous

America is already full of zombies but the clever American government managed to solve that problem in way that American zombies do not eat brains, their brains are being eaten by television. They also feed their zombies with Coca-cola and burgers.  :D
    btw, did ya all ( :D) noticed how Hollywood zombies walk…like they are drunk and someone is in front of them with another drink :D 

Anonymous
    Quote:

Damn good movie, oh and zombies can't die of starvation  ;).

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Damn good movie, oh and zombies can't die of starvation  ;).

Are you sure?

Anonymous

Yes, 100 %  :) They don't need food, they only have rush to kill  :).

Anonymous
    Quote:

So, why than they eat human brains and flesh? For fun?

Anonymous

They eat their brains for the lols  :P

Anonymous

[img width=508 height=700]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uH8tob5LW24/TQa6AQML2HI/AAAAAAAAAEY/6ODkRE4oIV4/s1600/Zombie+-+Uncle+Sam.jpg”/>
    Are you?

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:
    Damn good movie, oh and zombies can't die of starvation  ;).

Are you sure?

They're dead already, aren't they? ;)
    Maybe they are just hungry and if human meat tastes for them like pork for me, then I can't judge them.

I still have Quake One and description for zombies:

"Thou canst not kill that which doth not live, but thou canst blow it into chunky kibbles".
    So, remember that when you are out hunting undead. ;D

BTW Pentaz, are you sure this is right subforum for this? Unless we are talking about:

Death-Zombie Ritual

Or unless shooting zombies is entertainment :D

Anonymous
    Quote:

First metal band I start listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=serix1EpHME#

Quote:
    Or unless shooting zombies is entertainment :D

Isn't it?

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

So, why than they eat human brains and flesh? For fun?

As I said they have "natural" rush to kill  ;D.

Anonymous
    Quote:

In that case, they would just kill a person and move on, they wouldn't eat them (like we saw in movies).

Anonymous
    Quote:

Quote:

In that case, they would just kill a person and move on, they wouldn't eat them (like we saw in movies).

They just like it I guess btw have you seen zombies dying of starvation in any movie ? ;) I watched in few of them when they told what I told you, something like "they were living underground for 10 years or more and they haven't eaten anything"  I guess they just like our meat :).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Glockamole
  • Fia
  • kony97
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • Tujev
  • Lucifer Morningstar